What are occasional invaders?
Because they move sporadically into homes throughout the year, occasional invaders are challenging pests to avoid. Insects described as occasional invaders move into homes and other structures, usually not to feed or breed but rather to escape harsh weather. If it becomes too hot, dry, cold, or wet, occasional invaders migrate indoors to seek refuge.
In Massachusetts, the most frequent occasional invaders home and business owners contend with are silverfish, centipedes, ladybugs, stinkbugs, and western conifer seeds bugs.
Are occasional invaders dangerous?
The biggest reason you don’t want to discover occasional invaders in your home is that they are often drawn to areas of moisture, so their presence could be an indicator of underlying moisture issues in your home. Also, if occasional invaders are in your home, it means that other pests will also be able to gain access. In general, occasional invaders pose no direct threats to people or properties, but they can spread bacteria, contaminate food, and create foul odors.
Why do I have an occasional invader problem?
Living outside in gardens, flower beds, trees, or shrubbery, occasional invaders often live in our yards near our homes, garages, and other structures. When it becomes necessary, it is easy for occasional invaders to migrate towards our homes and find openings in the foundation, under doors, around windows, and along the roofline to move inside.
Where will I find occasional invaders?
Outside in their natural habitats, occasional invaders live in soil, waterways, forests, meadows, fields, and ornamental shrubs.
Those occasional invaders that have moved inside usually gravitate to basements, kitchens, and bathrooms. Other favorite hiding spots include:
- Storage boxes, newspapers, and magazines
- Wall voids behind sinks, drains, and appliances
- Cabinets under sinks
- Closets - within clothing, folded bedding, or towels
- Inside potted plants
How do I get rid of occasional invaders?
At Assurance Pest Solutions, we have the solution to your occasional invader problems. We will perform the services needed to get occasional invaders out of your structure and put in place services that will provide a long-term solution. Our locally owned and operated company has over 41 years of experience in the industry, and we offer our customers prompt and reliable pest control solutions. Ongoing training ensures we are always using the best methods and materials.
To learn more about working with our knowledgeable staff to solve your Massachusetts property’s occasional invader problems, reach out to Assurance Pest Solutions today!
How can I prevent occasional invaders in the future?
If you live in Waltham, Newton, Needham, or surrounding areas, Assurance Pest Solutions can help you maintain a property free of occasional invaders. In addition to our pest control solutions, the following tips will help prevent problems with occasional invaders:
- Stop moisture from accumulating both inside and outside of your home. Make sure your yard has proper drainage and gutters are working correctly. Use dehumidifiers inside basements and other damp areas to reduce moisture levels.
- Seal the cracks in your home’s exterior walls that occasional invaders will use to gain access into your home.
- Clear away leaves, weeds, grass, and other debris that has collected around the perimeter of your home.
- Store dry goods in plastic or glass containers with airtight lids to keep foraging insects out of your family’s food.
- Vacuum your home often to remove stray occasional invaders.
Get Started Today!
Complete the form below to schedule your services.