Five Helpful Tips To Keep Rodents Out Of Your Waltham Home
What is your relationship with rodents? Do you keep one as a pet and adore it with all of your heart? Does the sight of these creatures incite panic in every cell of your body? Maybe you have come to the point where you are okay with rodents, even the wild ones that occasionally invade your home. No matter how you feel about these furry home invaders, one thing will always be certain; rodents have no benefit to you or your Waltham home. To keep these pests off your property, use these five helpful prevention tips.
Rodents Around Waltham
Waltham is no stranger to rodent problems. The good news is that not all species of rodents in our area invade homes. Some just cause trouble around properties; others stay away from humans altogether. The only two rodents that consistently break into homes are rats and mice. These furry pests are known worldwide for their intelligence, dexterity, and problematic nature. To help you identify these two pests, here is a basic description of each.
Mice: Mice are smaller rodents with round bodies, large ears, long thinly haired tails, and beady red or black eyes. Common species of mice in our area include house mice and deer mice.
Rats: Rats are much larger than mice, and sometimes over twice their size. Identify this rodent by its longer body, plump hind section, smaller ears, blunt muzzle, and a long, scaly tail. The most common rat around our area is the Norway rat.
How To Reduce Rodent Attractants
Our homes are pretty special; they provide us with comfort from the exterior elements, give us a place to store and cook food, and allow us access to water for things like drinking and bathing. The only problem is that mice and rats also love these three things.
Food, water, and shelter are the three most likely things to attract these pests to your property. But how can you limit rodent’s access to these things without removing them altogether? After all, you literally can’t live without them!
Here are five detailed prevention tips to reduce attractants and seal entry points around your property:
1. Seal the exterior of your home. Do this by filling in gaps, cracks, and holes in your home’s exterior foundation using a caulking gun and some steel wool. In addition to this, repair damage to your home’s shingles, roofline, siding, and chimney. Finally, make sure your screens, door sweeps, and weather stripping are in good repair.
2. Address moisture issues around your home by fixing leaky piping, fixtures, and broken gutters.
3. Don’t leave food out on countertops, kitchen tables, or anywhere rodents can easily gain access to it. To help with this, store leftovers and repackage food in rodent-proof containers.
4. Clean your home and keep it clean. Declutter storage areas, pick up food and drink messes as they happen, and clean out your pet’s food and water bowls after every meal.
5. Invest in professional rodent control. Only with the help of a qualified pest control technician will you ever guarantee you and your home’s freedom from rodents.
Pest Prevention With The Experts At Assurance Pest Solutions
At Assurance Pest Solutions, we offer comprehensive services to both exclude and eliminate harmful rodents. If you cannot stand the thought of mice or rats invading your property, let our team help today.
We will implement advanced strategies to remove current rodent threats from your property and ensure future furry invaders stay outside where they belong. Contact our team at Assurance Pest Solutions today to learn more about our pest control measures or to schedule a service visit for your Waltham property.